Saturday 3 January 2015

"Wonderful Family Forever" - Thank you



We had a brilliant time over Christmas with my partner Peter's sister Jan, her hubby Phil and their daughter Ellie (affectionately known to us as Els :-))......So for them, a little thank you card for their hospitality, great fun & laughter - which is what I believe Christmas-time and family get-togethers are all about!


I'm a bit better prepared this time to blog and have taken a few more photos along the way, although normally I must say I wing-it as I go along when I'm card making, deciding what to add at each stage as I progress with my artwork, so I'm trying to be a bit more organized for you :-)

So for this card I used

The sentiments from the Clarity Word Chains & the Foxes fitted perfectly as we are thanking the Townsend family Jan, Phil & Els (three foxy people).
I used the inks as shown & the 7x7 base Gelli card was made a while ago by spritzing the leftover inks on the Clarity blending mat, laying the bubble stencil on it, then pressing the stencil onto the Gelli card.
Stamp the words and foxes in place using the Black Archival ink, re-stamp over the words slightly off-setting with the Salty Ocean for the shadow effect

When you've stamped the main piece, start to build the scene by tearing a piece of paper and use the blending tool with Mowed Lawn Distress ink to make the landscape. 
Once done, cover up each level of the hills and stamp in the trees, ink-blot-plot some to give the effect of them being in the distance.  Stamp the first generation ink trees at the lower levels so they are in the front.  Ground the foxes too by covering them and using the blending tool to sit them on the grass. Place a moon mask and sweep across the sky with a Clarity stencil brush using the Peacock & Salty Ocean Distress inks.
Use the foliage stamp from the Clarity Remountable Foxes Clear Stamp Set & the Leaf stamp from the Remountable Hares Stamp Set to add some greenery - use the Archival Olive Green & Adirondack Juniper, ink-blot-plot some, and use first generation ink for others in the foreground.

Now colour in the Foxes using Spectrum Noir Colouring Pencils (Hurry - still on special offer from Clarity Stamps - set of 5 for the price of 4), I used the Nature Set for my project.  I also used the green shades lightly over the trees & grass area, as some parts were a little too white.

Add some white highlights to the foxes faces and tail-tips.  Underline them, and the words, with a  Grey Shade 4 Promarker.  Draw double wiggly lines with a Black Micron Pen quite close together around edge of the top half of your artwork and colour in with contrasting shades.  Either side of the black lines, follow round closely with a silver pen.  To finish off, mount your work on an 8x8 card and stamp the Clarity Remountable Million Thank Yous Clear Stamp inside and use the same set of pencils to colour in.  You're all done, so...........

Have a great day everyone xxx







11 comments:

  1. Fantastic 2nd POST Carole. I love what you have created here. I don't have the Fox Set yet but I certainly have plenty of shaving foam backgrounds. Aren't those pencils fab ( got mine as a present). Wonder what you will come up with next. Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Emma - I got the pencils too from Peter as part of my Christmas present - they are fab to work with aren't they :-) Better hurry and make the curry so that I can get back to crafting! Have a lovely day creating xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. brilliant second post Carole, you will be n expert by the time the next challenge is due. See you're liking the pencils when you need to sharpen them hold the pencil in your non dominant hand and turn the sharpener not the pencil. If you do it by turning the pencil it forces the wood away from the soft waxy inner encouraging breakage x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah - thank you for the tip Linda. I always have problems with my watercolour pencils breaking so I'll try that with them too :-)
    I'll hopefully get the hang of blogging soon - did you see I posted my profile pic on FB - what a numpty! But Emma and another friend have given me some advice, so we'll see for the next one....practice makes perfect as they say :-) Have a lovely day xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Carole. I really love the background; it makes such a good starting point for your stamping. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. It was the perfect one Barbara - I'm certain that I have lots of other backgrounds that lend themselves to many of the other stamps too - I'm waiting for the "Wee Folk" to appear on the Clarity website - I have a feeling I'll have many happy crafting hours finding fitting scenery for them :-) x

      Delete
  6. Lovely Carole. I think you are doing fine with your blog, looking forward to lots more from you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynne - I'll get with the programme soon I'm sure! lol xxx

      Delete
  7. Beautiful card, beautifully demonstrated. Thank you for your visit and for your lovely comment. xx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggie - I keep forgetting to take photos of cards I'm working on as this is all very new (& exciting).....I'm still getting to grips with it :-) x

      Delete